Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas card show in Raleigh NC.

Well, last weekend, I was at the card show in Raleigh North Carolina, and I wanted to share some stuff that I got from it! My original plan was to go down and meet my friend William, from foulbunt, at the show so we could look around together. Unfortunately, plans changed and we weren't able to pull the plans together to make it work. I didn't bring much money this year, but with that being said, you will be surprised how nice the cards I got are. I got 5 singles and a box of 2012 Bowman Chrome...

 
This David Ortiz card from Topps Museum Collection was the first card I got at the show. I thought that it was a really pretty card and could be added to my Ortiz relic card PC.
 
 
This Nomar Garciaparra patch card caught my eye early on in the show, and I picked it up for a whopping 5 dollars. The card is numbered to 75 on the back. I dont have many cards in the way of Nomar, so I thought this card would be a nice edition to my collection.
 
 
Jim "Catfish" Hunter relic card, I got it for 5 dollars as well! I thought that the pinstripe gave this card some nice character.
 
 
This Nolan Reimold autograph card I got for a steal! Again, the magic number at this show seemed to be 5 dollars! With Reimold's talent and capabilities, I figured what the heck!? It's a beautiful card!
 
 
I have been wanting a Duke Snider autograph for a long time now, and I finally got one at this years show! This Duke Snider autographed bat card is from Topps Tribute and is numbered to 50. I thought it was a beautiful card, and I had to have it. I got it for 28 dollars, again a very reasonable price.
 
 
So you guys were probably wondering what I got out of my box of Bowman Chrome, the answer? Not a lot. I was a little bit dissapointed to find such a no name player on my autograph card, but better luck next time, right?
 
 
So that's about it guys, I had a lot of fun looking and talking to people down there. I would have had a whole lot more fun if William had been there, but I am planning on going to the spring show, so I will make sure I see him then. I hope you guys enjoyed the post, and that everybody has a wonderful holiday season! I hope that Santa Claus brings all the cards that are on your wish list, and I can't wait to see some posts from presents. Until then, have a happy and safe holiday season.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

William Regenthal said...

Yeah, I hate that I didn't get to go. I did go Sunday and got some nice stuff that will be posted eventually. See you soon buddy and Merry Christmas.

Kalib said...

If you've still got the Zeke DeVoss auto card, and you'd like to trade it, let me know. I could send some Sox cards your way.

My email is kalibmcbride@gmail.com if you'd like to reach me there. Or you can comment on my blog CubsCardboard.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Kalib